Join us on our next adventure to the Land of the Rising Sun – Japan
Departs Ex Townsville 30th March 2017 – 15 Days
Fully Escorted Group Tour by Victoria Brandon
Inspirational, innovative and intriguing, Japan has always been a favourite destination, where gilded temples and glittering skyscrapers reign over streets steeped in history and tradition. Discover the revered customs and unique sense of beauty that infuse life here… On the main island of Honshu, from Tokyo to the hot springs resort town of Hakone and on through the “Japanese Alps” to Kanazawa and the cultural treasure trove of Kyoto, visit a private home, shoes off, for a tea ceremony and Origami… explore castles, temples, shrines, a samurai home, and world-class gardens… make sushi, taste sake, cruise Lake Ashi to see Mt. Fuji… enjoy a taiko performance, Shinto music, Kagura dancing, a sumo wrestling demonstration… and meet a geisha expert. Plus it will be Cherry Blossom time in Japan. Join us for a Japan trip to remember.
• Multiple-night stays in premier hotels in Tokyo, Kyoto, Kanazawa & at a hot springs resort & spa in Hakone
•Tokyo’s Edo-Tokyo Museum, Shinto music, Kagura dancing, taiko drums & sumo wrestling
• In Kyoto, a private home visit with tea ceremony & Origami demonstration,explorations with a local Geisha expert, visits to Nijo Castle, Kinkaku-ji Temple &Pure Water Temple (Kiyomizu Temple)
• A cruise on Lake Ashi beneath Mt. Fuji
• Ceramics, glass-blowing, or flower arranging workshops or a whisky distillery tourin Hakone
• A lesson on sake brewing & a tasting at a local brewery in Takayama
• A guided tour of Kanazawa’s Kenroku-en Garden, one of Japan’s most revered landscaped gardens
• Airport transfers upon arrival and departure as noted
• 30 meals (13 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 8 dinners); gratuities to local guides, service charges, admission fees, taxes and porterage.
• Return Economy class airfares inclusive of air taxes